Here is a collection of maps gathered by our cartography students for one of their class projects under Geography 197. The essays accompanying each of the maps intend to discuss the following points:
1. Description of the map/context
2. Objective(s) of the map (based on the title, marginal information, accompanying text, or information content)
3. What’s interesting about the map (content, symbol, elements, objective, theme highlighted, etc)
4. Whether the map achieved its objective(s)
5. How the map can be improved
Navigate through the students’ pages (see lower right portion of this page) and feel free to comment on their selection of maps and essays. You may also post links and sources that may help the students in enhancing their interest in cartography.